|Interpreter:||The Golden Gate Quartet|
|Music Genres:||Gospel, Soul, Jazz|
|Level:||1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5|
|Transcription:||Note-for-Note, incl. chord symbols|
Album-Version (identical to the YouTube video) with 4 vocals (tenor 1, tenor 2, bariton, bass), piano and double bass
Regular Price: €8.81
Special Price €4.41
|Interpreter||The Golden Gate Quartet|
|Instruments||Choir, Piano, Double Bass|
|Instruments on the Recording||in addition to the score: Drums|
|Instrumentation Details||Score and parts are included. The Drums basic pattern ist notated, too.|
|Transcription||Note-for-Note, incl. chord symbols|
|Album||The Very Best Of The Golden Gate Quartet|
|Pages||13 Score, 8 Choir, 4 Piano, 2 Double Bass|
Some notes on the lyrics:
The origins of the traditional Gospel song Down By The Riverside go back to the 80s of the 19th century and originally it was sung as a work song. As with many Gospel songs its author and history are chiefly unknown. Its hook „Gonna lay down my burden, Down by the riverside” refers to the baptism of Jesus in the River Jordan and to another passage from the Bible, where a soldier lays down his arms by the river and is being baptized - a downright pacifist theme:
1. Gonna lay down my burden,
2. Gonna lay down my sword and shield
3. Gonna try on my long white robe
4. Gonna try on my starry crown
5. Gonna put on my golden shoes
6. Gonna talk with the Prince of Peace
7. Gonna shake hands around the world
We can transpose each individual edition for you. This is how it works:
1. Order the original of the individual edition you would like us to transpose.
2. Order the corresponding item Transposition B:.
3. Send an informal email to email@example.com (subject: “Transposition”). In the text of the email please indicate item number and title of the original as well as the key desired.
You’ll receive the transposition within a couple of days as a pdf-file you can open using your password for the original individual edition.