Short Description: The sheet music is an arrangement of
the Christmas carol "Maria durch ein Dornwald ging" for vocal & orchestra in the interpretation of Helene Fischer and the
Royal Philharmonic Orchestra,
and chord symbols. Arranged very close to the original recording.
Licensed Territory: worldwide
Instrumentation: Vocal & Orchestra
Instruments: Vocal, Flute, Transverse Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Alto Saxophone, Trumpet, Piano, Guitar, Harp, Strings, Violin, Viola, Violoncello, Double Bass, Percussion
Interpreter: Helene Fischer
Music and Words by: trad.
Level: 3 (of 5)
Pages: 31 (9 score + 22 parts)
Order No. 101-850-8020d
Video: Please click on the video icon above!
The jazzinotes arrangement is close to the original recording with the singer Helene Fischer and the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra. It was recorded in the Abbey Road Studios in London.
Recommendations concerning the instrumentation:
This Arrangement tries to support you in your instrumentation. It is very flexible:
- You may replace or support the Vocal solo by an instrument: Lead Melody
in C (e.g. Synthesizer), Lead Melody in Bb (e.g. Trumpet), Lead Melody
in Eb (e.g. Alto Saxophone).
The lead vocal contains the ornaments of the interpretation of Helene Fischer. There is a part without ornaments: Vocal (Choir). We recommend you this part also for choir, that may replace or support the lead melody.
- The Oboe may be replaced or supported by Clarinet in Bb or Alto-Sax in Eb.
- The Harp may be played by the Piano.
- The strings Violin I, Violin II, Viola and Violoncello may be replaced (or partly replaced) by synthetic strings. For this you find the part Strings in two staves.
- The Guitar may be replaced or supported by Synthesizer.
- Also the Double Bass may be replaced by Electric Bass or Synth. Bass.
The christmas carroll Maria durch ein' Dornwald ging was in former times a pilgrimage song. Its origin is discussed controversionally. The oldest manuscript is from 1850. But it is probably originated in the 16th century.
We can transpose this tune for you. This is how it works:
1. Order it in the original version.
2. Order our article Transposition B.
3. Send an informal email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject:“Transposition”). In the email please indicate the title of the original as well as the key desired.
You’ll receive the transposition within a couple of days as a pdf file you can open using your password for the original version.